From our experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, a sweet something to make for your kids to have a bite of during supper or hunger pangs between meals. Our ‘Dark Chocolate Mousse’ is easy and quick to make — even for your kids’ tiffin boxes for their break-hour at school! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing your kid’s tummies — at school or at home!
Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or less to taste
- Butter, for cooking
- Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a bain-marie or in a double boiler at a low simmer. Stir chocolate until completely and uniformly melts. Turn off the heat, and let it sit for some time.
- Beat the cream over ice until it forms soft peaks. Set aside and hold at room temperature. With a mixer, whip egg to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Remove the chocolate from the bain-marie and fold in the egg whites all at once using the whisk. When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set. Serve in goblets topped with more whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.
In Conclusion, Café Upper crust’s Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.