Bringing you mesmerizing moments — which you have been blissfully savoring — from our experts in the kitchen of The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper! Since the last recipe, we were overwhelmed with the influx of requests for a sweeter version of our special Francoise quiche preparation! So here it is — The Sweet Vanilla Quiche Recipe From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, this Sweet Vanilla Quiche version is baked into a flaky crust with a bit extra ‘munchiness’ and flavor infused into every inch of the slow-baked Quiche!
Sweet Vanilla Quiche Recipe
- 1 (7-ounce) refrigerated pie crust
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- 1 vanilla bean
- Adjust the Oven Rack to the middle position, and preheat the oven to 375°F. Next, using a rolling pin roll the bottom pie crust, and flatten into a 9-inch pie plate. Tuck edges of this bottom crust, crimping over the. the vertical edge of the baking pan, with only a little hanging over the edge.
- Take a large bowl. Bring the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar and whisk fast enough for about 2 minutes till the mixture turns until pale and frothy. Finally, drop in the in flour slowly, using a sieve and combine with this sticky mixture.
- Whisk in half and half, and scrape in vanilla seeds, all the time mixing for a uniform mixture is ready.
- Lastly, pour in the egg and half and half mixture into the previously lined pie crust in the baking tin pan.
- Place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake (shouldn’t take more than 55 minutes to 1 hour) until the egg mixture is puffed and turns golden but not golden brown or dark brown (that would be charring the preparation).
Take out the pan from your oven, and allow it to rest for about 15~20 minutes. you may choose to serve warm or at room temperature, after having cut the quiche pie into pie-type triangular slices!
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.