The Best Restaurant in Ahmedabad, Café Upper Crust, brings you heavenly titbits to dig into! Frankly, nothing we feel can beat the crunchy cookies from the western shores!
Let’s do something different right now! Over the past few weeks, you’ve been preparing sweet delicacies. Nonetheless, it wasn’t too hard — those recipes as it was about learning the basics of cooking.
This cinnamon raisin cookie recipe is awesomely mesmerizing! The melt-in-your-mouth cookies — a dreamy treat — are soft and crisp, and buttery and cinnamony! So yes, they’re the Best Cinnamon Raisin Cookies of all time!
A Note before we begin.
Before adding raisins into the batter, soak for about an hour in warm, melted butter with vanilla and cinnamon! Voila! There’s your raisins — all soft, plump and rich with flavour!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Plop butter into a medium-sized sauce pot, begin to hear it over low-medium flame.
- Once the butter melts, switch the flame to low.
- Add the raisins, vanilla, and cinnamon all the while stirring and blending into the mix.
- Cover up, gently simmering for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off, keeping the pot covered all the while, and let it sit idle for 50 minutes.
- Since the raisins are soaking, set the oven to preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and setup two racks exactly in the exact centre of the oven.
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl, begin adding flour, salt, and baking soda — Mix well.
- Set aside. Add both sugars to a different large mixing bowl and set aside.
- After 50 minutes of having raisins soaked in the butter, merge together the mixture with the sugar into the larger bowl, and blend intensely.
- Next, add the eggs and mix until they are fully absorbed. Mix and Fold the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix just until you no longer see any dry spots.
- Using a cookie scoop (approximately 2 1/4-inch), drop the batter onto the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven — preheated 350 degrees F — until set and slightly golden along the edges
- Usually, it takes no more than 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the delicious cookies cool for at least 20 minutes.
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.