From our experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, — surely you’re looking at some way to fill in your kid’s tiffin boxes as they scoot off to school as the pickup van arrives at your doorstep. Vacation time is over, and so has the new year rang in with something new and fresh for everyone. So do We at Café Upper Crust! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, the perfect recipe for your kids on the first day of their school after a long Winter vacation! Our ‘Mini Cheese Balls’ are quite easy to make, and are packed with nutrients — making them the perfect choice for your kids’ tiffin boxes during their break-hour at school!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- You can also use Mozzarella, cottage cheese, ricotta, or chevre if any are available around your area
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, minced fresh rosemary, and paprika, grated cottage cheese, oregano flavoring,
- Optional garnishes: halved rye crisps and rolled tortilla chips, whole or crushed nachos, rice crispies,
- Take a large bowl, and combine all the types of cheeses you selected.
- Split and Shape this big lump of mixed cheese into 36 balls.
- Select an individual or a mix of desired toppings and roll each of these balls carefully, slowly, yet firmly that they do not break or deform, whilst also picking up the toppings on their entire surface.
- Now, Cover and refrigerate for about 8 hours, or maybe overnight, if you prepared them in the evening after your dinner
- When serving, if you so wish, you can press a rye crisp or a rolled corn chip into the top of each cheese ball
- Moreover, you can go ahead with a mix and match of different toppings and garnishes to create a uniquely different flavor into each bite of Mini Cheese Balls!
- Give it a shot! We’re sure you can surprise yourself, and maybe you can share your idea, and we’ll include mentioning it too!
In Conclusion, Cafe Upper Crust Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.