From our Experts at the Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, a mischievous and delightful something to make for your kids or adults to have a bite of during supper or hunger pangs between meals. Our Unique Recipe Series brings to you Our best ever 50 Most-Popular Health-Boosting Recipes! Be it for your kids’ tiffin boxes for their break-hour at school, or if you are looking to switch to a healthier alternative for lunch as well as dinner! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing your kid’s tummies — at school or at home! Let us begin with the best ever Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake for the quickest, easiest-to-make snack ever!
Heart-healthy olive oil and protein-rich Greek yogurt take the place of butter in this Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake. Egg whites also help reduce calories, fat, and cholesterol, and whole-wheat flour boost fiber. The texture is very much like classic pound cake, especially if Fine Grain Mill flour is used!
- Nonstick baking spray, for the coating loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain low fat (2-percent) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low fat (1-percent) milk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Firstly, preparing to warm your oven by setting the Preheat temperature or heating the oven to 350 degrees For about 175 or 180 degrees centigrade.
- Next, take up making a layer or a coating inside of an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with readymade baking spray or you can create your own baking layer using conventional kitchen methods.
- Next, Plop in the white whole wheat flour and Whisk together this flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized metal or baking porcelain bowl.
- Secondly, Bring together the sugar and lemon zest in a different bowl, and carefully but thoroughly rub the lemon zest into the sugar using your fingers but with no kitchen tools!
- Next, add the yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg whites, and whole egg and vigorously whisk until all ingredients are well blended. Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake
- Finally, add the flour mixture into the previously made egg mixture. And fold until just everything is uniformly incorporated into a smooth, lump-less batter. Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake
- Transfer this entire content into the previously prepared pan. Set to Bake, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, which should take about 50 minutes, or so. Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake
- Set the cake to Cool off in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then unmold from the baking pan into a dish or another container, and cool to room temperature. Lemony Yogurt Pound Cake
In Conclusion, Cafe Upper Crust Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Above all, cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.