Continuing on, in our series to make something quick & delicious at home, here we are again with yet another mouth-watering recipe that you can make quite easily in your kitchen, without requiring special tools or secret ingredients. Usually, that kind which you could only see at the Best Restaurant in Ahmedabad, Café Upper Crust. Ahem!
Crispy Crusty Rice Bites featuring Caramel in a Cameo!
Caramel, chocolate, and pecans make for a heavenly scrumptious treat! Crispy Crusty Rice Bites will be your new family favorite! I had made them for a party. Just as had I brought them out to the party room, the moment I turned around to get something from the kitchen, they were all gone in a flash! The caramel layer wields the most mesmerizing magic on your tongue, as you bite all the way through! Your friends will simply love you even more, when you carry these in, at a tea supper gathering, or at a weekend’s evening party! The whole chunks are pretty rich, so you can cut them into small squares to feed a whole crowd.
Crispy Crusty Rice Bites are a very fun go-to late-night treats! They’re quick to make; You can make a pretty small lot, and if we skip adding any butter to the mix, it would become a low-fat, non-dessert delicacy! This is the kind of stuff we look for, which makes us Best Cafe in Ahmedabad!
Make some standard Crispy Crusty Rice Bites, and then layer on the caramel, chocolate, and pecans. I would recommend toasting your pecans prior to mixing in the kit, which would really enhance their overall after-flavor! You could even add them beforehand into the Chocolate if you wanted to! I always like to line my pans with non-stick cooking paper so that when the treats are set, I can just peel-raise the paper, and swiftly lift the whole dessert out without causing breaks or tears into the set mold piece! It becomes really very easy to cut them up!
Onto Making Crispy Crusty Rice Bites
One, 14–16 oz. bag of Mini Marshmallows
6 Tbsp. (unsalted) Butter
1 Tsp. vanilla extract optional
5–6 Chunks of Rice-based Crispies, or crunchy cereals if you cannot find
14 oz. Caramels — about 45 little caramel squares
One, 14 oz. Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Chocolate chips or almond bark. [Note: if you use chocolate chips you can add a little heavy cream]
2 Chopped Pecans (you can optionally toast them to increase the flavor)
1. Prepare a 9×13 pan by greasing it and/or lining it with bakery release paper or non-stick cooking paper
2. Place Marshmallows, Butter, and Vanilla extract in a large microwave-proof bowl and microwave until marshmallows are puffy and stir until smooth.
3. Add Rice Krispie Cereal, and keep folding until combined. Pour it all into the layered, prepared pan, and tap until evenly flat.
4. Over medium heat, melt unwrapped caramels, sweetened condensed milk, and butter until smooth. Sprinkle rice crispies pieces over the top layer.
5. Melt chocolate chips, and spread the caramel over evenly. (Add a little cream if you want it to be thinner.)
6. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the chocolate layer, and let it set in the fridge, or on the counter. (But, the fridge takes much less time.)
*For this recipe, we strongly suggest, you shouldn’t use salted butter.
If you do not have or no nearby shops have any sort of rice crispies cereals or similar stuff, you can use butterscotch crispies or even cocoa crispies!
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.
For visit outlets: 203, Sindhu Bhavan Marg, PRL Colony, Thaltej PRL Colony, Thaltej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380054
call us: 089800 03773