When we began Café Upper Crust, the journey to becoming the Best Restaurant in Ahmedabad was all about stirring up the crème-de-la-crème of our patrons, a class of dishes far apart from the Ordinary! We handpicked the choicest of the desserts to quench the thirst for that perfect dreamy bite every sweet tooth craves for at the end of a meal! To being with, one of the most sought after pastries involve having a mixed combination of bitter chocolate and a sweetened inner core in a tiny bite that melts in your mouth! Voila! Enter Chocolate Chips Brownie pastries! These tiny little nuggets of joy, are simply
enjoyable, no matter which hour of the day. Instead of being too much gooey, Chocolate Chips Brownies should rank high up on your list of favourite foods under the desserts section. Moreover, if you crave a fudgy brownie anytime, surely you’d enjoy our Chocolate Chips Brownies. Much like a very moist, dense, textured chocolate cake, our brownie is an ideal accompaniment for your favourite chocolate-friendly, Mocha! Either you can bite away at our Chocolate Chips Brownie and sip the hot Mocha during supper, or you can dunk in a side of the brownie into your Mocha and enjoy the blissful
taste of Chocolate Chips, the cakey bread, and the aromatic Mocha altogether! You might be wondering, “So, what makes these Chocolate Chips Brownies so much scrumptilicious?”, Right! That’s where our years of baking skills, the wizardry of getting kitchen science perfect (which is why we are the Best Bakery in Ahmedabad) is our most treasured secret than the
landing on the Moon! However, for our patrons, this month the Best Cafe in Ahmedabad, (of course, that is Us!) has selected to dish out the recipe for our Chocolate Chips Brownies, the way you can easily make them at home! Enjoy making them for breakfast or supper, or even for your kids’ birthday parties for one and all! Let us begin with the recipe, and get onto
having a bite out of it!
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter*, melted
- 2 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Salt*
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder, (optional; for enhanced chocolate flavour)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts Or Pecans, (Optional)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips, (Optional)
- *If you would be using salted butter, reduce using salt in the recipe to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, approximately 180°C degrees. Apply a very thin layer of grease
on a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Mix the melted butter and sugar, and keep stirring until its texture turns into a smooth,
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and espresso powder (for flavour).
- Slowly beat the eggs one at a time into the bowl, continuing Scraping followed by adding
water, and stirring until a much smooth consistency is formed.
- Add the All-Purpose Flour (Maida), nuts, and chips, stirring until thoroughly combined, leaving no clumps or dry dough patches in the batter.
- Pour and evenly spread out the batter into the greased pan.
- Slide in the pan into the preheated oven, and Bake the brownies for 28 to 30 minutes. To check if they’re done, insert a toothpick into the centre — if comes out clean they are, or with a few moist crumbs attached, you need to keep for a few more minutes! Our Chocolate Chips Brownie should feel set both towards the edges and also in the centre.
- Take out the brownies from the oven, and cool them beforehand, cutting and serving. You may choose to Glaze or frost, if desired, with icing sugar if you wish to!
- The above quantities of ingredients will yield about 2 dozen squares of Chocolate Chips Brownies!
Ensure cooling the brownies before you cut and serve them. Initially, as you take them out of the over, the brownies feel like chocolate cake. However, as they cool they will settle, and the “cake” texture will transform into the perfect cake-type Chocolate Chips Brownie!