From our Experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, a mischievous and delightful something to make for your kids or adults to have a bite of during supper or hunger pangs between meals. Our Unique Recipe Series brings to you Our best ever 50 Most-Popular Health-Boosting Recipes! Be it for your kids’ tiffin boxes for their break-hour at school, or if you are looking to switch to a healthier alternative for lunch as well as dinner! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing your kids’ tummies — at school or at home! Let us begin with the best ever Herbed Chicken Marsala for the quickest, easiest-to-make snack ever!Herbed Chicken Marsala
Smothered in low-calorie sauteed mushrooms and sundried tomatoes, this dish is both healthy and satisfying. A little bit of butter goes a long way in the sauce — just a touch adds creamy richness.Herbed Chicken Marsala
- Four 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil; not rehydrated), finely chopped or very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 10 ounces white button or cremini (Baby Bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup sweet marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place the chicken cutlets between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet (or the flat side of a chef’s knife) until about 1/3-inch thick. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Put the flour on a medium plate. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken in the flour to fully coat, shaking off any excess. Add the chicken to the skillet and fry until fully cooked and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.Herbed Chicken Marsala
- Add 1/2 cup of the broth, the sun-dried tomatoes, and rosemary to any remaining drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute to plump the tomatoes. Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the marsala and bring it to a boil. Add the remaining 1/4 cup broth and the butter and simmer until the butter is fully melted about 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture and sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Our Special Chef’s Tip:
This recipe uses regular whole wheat flour, but for a slightly more refined coating, whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted. Herbed Chicken Marsala
In Conclusion, Café Upper crust’s Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.