From our experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, — The Perfect way to welcome the New Year with your kids and their friends before the first day their school reopens after a long Winter vacation! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, the perfect New Year Welcoming recipe! The ‘Pizza Puffs’ is perfect for your kids and their friends coming over during Christmas!
Pizza Puffs Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Crushed red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°F or approximately 200°C. Then, shape the dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; flatten into 1/8-inch thick circles. Place 1 pepperoni slice, and 1 cheese cube in the center of each dough circle.
- Wrap the dough around the placed pepperoni and cheese. Pinch the edges to seal in, followed by shaping into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cheese, and pepperoni. Place seam side down on the greased baking sheets; then bake until the surface starts turning a bit light, golden-brown, which should not take more than 10-15 minutes. Afterward, allow to slightly cool off once baking is done!
- In the meantime, take a small saucepan, plop in and melt the butter over low heat. Add in, garlic and salt, taking care not to let the butter or garlic turn any bit brown, followed by brushing over the ready puffs. Serve with marinara sauce — if available — along with with sprinkling some red pepper flakes and Parmesan over the top surface.
- If you need to Freeze them for now: Cover and freeze unbaked pizza puffs on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until they turn firm. Transfer the Puffs into a freezer container, and carefully seal, and return to the freezer.
- To use the frozen Puffs, preheat your oven to 325°F or about 160°C. Bake the pizza puffs on a greased baking tray as described above. You might need to increase the Oven baking time as necessary to heat through the frozen layers.
In Conclusion, Café Upper crust’s Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.