From our Experts of The Best Nearby Non-Veg Restaurant in Ahmedabad, Café Upper crust kitchen, a mischievous and delightful meals for everyone. Our Unique Recipe Series brings to you our best ever Recipes! There is always happy knowing and sharing delicious meals, so from the kitchen of Café Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing everyone’s tummies — at school or at home! Let’s start with the Hyderabadi main course Gongura Egg Curry Recipe to fill your tummies.
Gongura Egg Curry Recipe
Prep time: 20 Mins; Cooking time: 30 Mins; Total Mins: 50 Mins
- Gongura/Ambadi 150 to 200 grams
- 6 Eggs that are boiled
- Chopped 2 medium onions
- Six or seven chilies in green
- 1⁄2 tsp of powdered turmeric
- Salt as needed
- Red chili powder 2 to 3 tbsp
- 1 TSP of cilantro powder
- Two Cardamoms
- Four cloves
- 1-inch stick of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp + 4 tbsp petroleum
- 3 red chilies dried
- 1 of a cup of water
- In a pan, heat the oil, add the chopped green chilies, rinse the Gongura thoroughly and sauté until the leaves shrink fully.
- Enable it to cool and make a coarse paste.
- Eggs should be boiled and held aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil; add the garam masala spices (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves), dried red chilies, and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions, salt, and sauté until the onions have become soft and clear.
- Stir in the paste of ginger garlic and sauté until the raw taste is gone.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cilantro powder and blend well later.
- Add the boiled eggs and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Apply the paste of Gongura, water, and combine well.
- Cook, until it thickens with the gravy or until the oil, oozes out.
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making easy dishes and meals within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.