From our Experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, a mischievous and delightful something to make for your kids to have a bite of during supper or hunger pangs between meals. Our Unique Multi-Part Series bring to you the famous ways of making the best ever Grilled Cheese Sandwiches or Toasts with unique spreads and flavours from around the world! Even for your kids’ tiffin boxes for their break-hour at school! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing your kids tummies — at school or at home! Let us begin with the 50 Grilled Cheese Dishes for the quickest, easiest to make snack ever!
- Sandwich bread or any bread as you wish
- Cheese as specified in the Sandwich recipe
- Ketchup or Sauce — such as
- Mustard Sauce
- Chilly garlic
How to make grilled cheese:
- Heat 1 tablespoon salted butter in a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Press the sandwich slightly and place it in the skillet. Cook until golden on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip, adding more butter to the pan if needed, and cook until the other side is golden and the cheese melts, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Types of Grilled Cheese Dishes:
48. Brie and Marmalade:
Spread 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread with orange marmalade. Sandwich with 2 slices brie (remove the rind) and cook, flipping once, until golden.
49. Creamy Quince:
Spread 2 slices brioche with quince preserves; sandwich with 2 slices triple-cream cheese, such as Saint André, or brie (remove the rind). Cook, flipping once, until golden.
50. Nutella and Banana:
Spread 1 slice challah bread or brioche with ricotta; spread another with Nutella. Sandwich with sliced bananas and cook, flipping once, until golden.
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.