From our Experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, a mischievous and delightful something to make for your kids or adults to have a bite of during supper or hunger pangs between meals. Our Unique Recipe Series brings to you Our best ever 50 Most-Popular Health-Boosting Recipes! Be it for your kids’ tiffin boxes for their break-hour at school, or if you are looking to switch to a healthier alternative for lunch as well as dinner! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing your kids tummies — at school or at home! Let us begin with the best ever Salad for the quickest, easiest to make snack ever!
47: A Nutri-Salad featuring Apple, Kale & Pan-Seared Salmon
- Four pieces of 5-ounce center-cut salmon fillets (should be approximately 1-inch in thickness)
- fresh lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt
- 1 bunch of kale, with its ribs removed, and the leaves should be very thinly sliced (approximately 6 cups)
- Dates – 1/4 cup
- Honeycrisp Apple – One Whole Fruit
- Finely Grated Pecorino – 1/4 cup
- Almonds — which should be first Toasted then Slivered — 3 tablespoons
- Black Pepper which should mandatorily Freshly Ground
- Dinner Rolls preferably made using Whole Wheat– 4 pieces
- You should get the Salmon brought to your ambient temperature, preferably about 10 minutes before you begin the preparation or even the cooking process.
- At The Same Time, stir/mix vigorously together the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt — all of these into a large bowl.
- Plop in the kale, toss with all one’s might to coat it, and let it be for no less than 10 minutes.
- While the kale is sitting it out, slice the dates into thin slivers, and the apple into the shape and width of matchsticks with great precision!
- Put in the dates, apples, cheese, and almonds into the kale. Prepare the Seasoning with pepper, toss in well, and set aside for now!
- all over the salmon, Spritz 1/2 teaspoon salt and some freshly ground pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. As soon as you raise the heat to medium-high, place the salmon, skin-side up inside the pan.
- Let it Roast-cook until it entirely turns golden brown on one side, which should take approximately no less than 4 minutes! Flip the fish over using a wooden or silicon spatula, and continue cooking it until the fish feels firm when you touch or poke it using the spatula — which should take approximately no less than 3 minutes!
- Cut Up the Salmon, Salad, and Rolls evenly for serving on to four different plates!
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.