From our experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Cafe Upper’s kitchen, a sweet something to make for your kids to have a bite of during supper or hunger pangs between meals. Our ‘Nutella-Stuffed Pancakes’ is packed with nutrients, making it a healthy option — even for your kids’ tiffin boxes for their break-hour at school! From the ovens of Cafe Upper Crust, a nifty recipe for replenishing your kids tummies — at school or at home!
Nutella-Stuffed Pancakes Recipe
- 12 teaspoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella ®, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for brushing the griddle
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- Pinch fine salt
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and drop 12 separate teaspoonful mounds of chocolate-hazelnut spread onto it. Tap the baking sheet on a counter to flatten the dollops and freeze until solid, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle over low heat and brush lightly with oil.
- Whisk together the flour, buttermilk, oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, egg and a pinch of salt in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour in, eight 2-tablespoon pools of batter on the hot griddle and cook until bubbles just begin to form on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms are golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Place a disc of frozen chocolate-hazelnut spread on 4 of the pancakes and overturn the 4 remaining pancakes on top of those, so the wet batter envelopes the discs. Put the remaining discs back in the freezer. Continue to cook the pancakes, flipping halfway, until the edges are set, about 1 minute. Repeat with the remaining batter and discs, lightly oiling the griddle in between batches.
- Dust the pancakes with confectioners’ sugar, and serve warm along with any of your favorite syrups.
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.