From our experts at The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, — The Perfect way to Celebrate this Festive Christmas Season! From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a purely Christmas-y Delight recipe! These Moist Chocolate Cake Xmas Trees are perfect for your kids and their friends coming over during this Christmas!
Moist Chocolate Cake Xmas Trees Recipe
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/8 cups cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Red and green mini candy covered chocolates (recommended: M & M’s)
- Silver dragee
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F which is approximately 180 degrees Celsius. Next, cut 1-inch holes out of the bottom of a large inverted foil roasting pan in neat rows, leaving 1 to 2 inches in between the holes. Invert the pan and place paper cooler cups in the holes to hold them upright during baking.
- Sift and mix together — 3 cups sugar, the flour, and cocoa, along with the baking powder and baking soda, and lastly — a pinch of salt as per your tastes. Pour this mixture into a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or use a hand mixer), and blend for a short while. Whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Add to the dry ingredients, and mix at low speed for 5 minutes. Gradually, add in the hot water, mixing at low speed just until uniformly everything combines together. Understand that this batter will be quite thin inconsistency.
- Pour the batter into the pre-arranged paper cooler cups. Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean (a few crumbs are okay), while the center feels firm when touched — about no more than 25 to 30 minutes! Let the cakes cool off in the pan. Chill for 2 hours then peel off the cooler paper, carefully whilst not tearing off the tip of the peaks.
- Place the cakes on a rack over a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and then using a fork, drizzle both colors of chocolate followed by sticking ‘M & M’s’ and silver dragee for making it look like ornaments on a little Christmas Tree!
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.