From the experts from The Best Bakery in Ahmedabad, Café Upper’s kitchen, — All-American Cheeseburger Recipe From the ovens of Café Upper Crust, a purely meat-lovers delight recipe! These quick-to-cook Burgers are pretty perfect insta-meals! The All-American Cheeseburger has certain non-negotiable elements: American cheese, Dill pickle chips, sliced red onion and tomato, crisp lettuce leaves, ketchup, and mayo, along with some chopped pickles for Thousand Island dressing.
Master the All-Time Favourite — Classic American Cheeseburger!
All-American Cheeseburger Recipe
- 2 pounds freshly ground chuck (at least) 80% lean, a.k.a 80/20)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices deli-counter American cheese
- 6 large burger buns, preferably homemade, toasted if desired
- thousand island dressing
- sliced red onion
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced pickles
- fresh lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, onion powder, salt, and pepper until just combined. Do not overmix, or your patties will be tough.
- Divide into six portions and form patties, without pressing too hard. They should be uniform in thickness. Smooth out any cracks using your fingers. Make these right before you grill them, so they stay at room temperature.
- Preheat your grill, grill pan or cast-iron skillet to high heat and add burger patties. If using a grill, cover with the lid.
- Cook until the crust that forms on the bottom of the burger releases it from the pan or grate — about 2 minutes. Gently test, but don’t flip it until it gets to this point. When burgers lift up easily, flip, add two slices of cheese to each, close lid if using a grill, and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes for medium to medium-rare.
- Remove burgers with a sturdy metal spatula and transfer to a plate. Allow to rest for several minutes, then transfer to buns.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
Expert Café Upper Crust Tip
Instead of Chuck, You can even replace with chopped cooked chicken, or cottage cheese or Paneer, making a bit stuffier munchies American Cheese Burger!
Disclaimer: Our Recipes are aimed to provide a healthy guide to making oven or dessert items within the comfort & ease of your home kitchens. Such cooking results may differ from those results of professional chefs’ practices & recipes. These recipes may or may not be available at our eatery outlets, at the time of posting these blogs.